Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wizard of Oz II

                                                                       Halloween 2007

    Halloween 2008-look no one's bawling. Tyson's half way smiling, & Lukey is smiling below!
So we re-used our costumes (with the exception of the tin man) from last year. Not because I'm totally lame, but because last year due to illness we missed our church's halloween party, and only made it out to two houses. I figured it would be ok. We had a FUN time this year, we went to our ward's Halloween party and the kids enjoyed going crazy in the church, Tyson loved checking out each "scary" decorated classroom and Lukey loved following him around. You can't tell from these pics taken at the end of the night, but Ty's costume was actually way better, he had a funnel hat, silver arm and leg things, an axe, and a painted face, by the end of the night he had pretty much ditched his entire costume and wiped most of the face paint off. Not bad though for home made poster board, spray paint, and brass fasteners. The only thing missing was Dorothy's long haired piggy tails, it was the first time since chopping it off that I missed my hair. I'm not sure if we'll talk Jim into dressing up next year, we didn't have many adults dressing up in our ward. You are all lame, and you know who you are! Oh and we did let the kids trick-or-treat the classrooms for candy. I know, amazing. Tyson tried a sucker I think for the first time and liked it. He also tried a kitkat bar, took two bites and asked for a banana. Lukey didn't try anything (I know we're mean, healthy, but mean). Jim and I helped them by eating all their candy.  (I said the kids are healthy-not us.)

5 comments:

apron girls said...

I LOVED your costumes. Yes, Jake and I were way lame and didn't dress up. I couldn't pay Jake enough to dress up. I'm lucky that he lets the kids go to the ward Halloween party. He's totally NOT into trick-or-treating, but since we had Cooper he's realized that they kids love it, so he goes along with it. Thanks a ton for arranging the airplane tour - the kids had a blast, and I'm really glad you were able to come to the Shark Reef, even though the timing turned out soooo bad. You're such a great friend. Come to Springs Preserve on Monday!!

Kesterfam said...

Even Jim's hat was having a bad day in the photo from last year (the point was falling over whereas in the recent picture it is standing straight up)! What a fun series of photos to have.

You guys look great!

Brendan

Brooke said...

Yeah! Halloween success. That makes me so happy! Love the costumes.

What's up with Vegas adults? A lot of adults in our ward dressed up. Lame people:)

Good job eating your kids' candy... someone has to do it and it shouldn't be them! What? Throw it away, I think not.

Boren Family said...

Hi Marci! I just found your blog through Angie's. I loved that your whole family dressed up! You guys looked good! Aaron and I love dressing up so you can always count on 2 adults being dressed up.

Carpx2 said...

Dont you love grown men that will do almost anything for his loves. Love you guys. Patti "C"