Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Today is Jim's 33rd Birthday. He's not really a blogger, so I'm not going to do the whole 33 great things about him on his birthday thing (Since he probably won't see this) although of course there are many more than 33. But just know he's a fantastic man, and so gorgeous as you can see by my very favorite picture of him I posted. What I did want to write is the same thing I think about every year on his birthday. See, in my family every birthday my dad tells us our "birth story" you know what happened on the day we were born. So every year on Jim's birthday I always think about how grateful I am to all of the people that contributed to his "birth story". I'm so glad that his biological mother had the courage to give him a better life. I'm so glad that her parents encouraged her to do so  and that they were selfless enough to let someone else be parents to that baby. I'm so glad that the foster family that had him for the 1st couple of months were there and able to take good care of him. And mostly, I'm SOOOOOOO glad that his parents are his parents and raised such an amazing man that would eventually become an incredible husband and father. So even though we don't know the details of that particular day he was born, he really does have a great "birth story" and I love celebrating him and his story every year.  

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Ahhh... I love Jim too and I'm so glad he was born! And that is the best picture ever!

Anonymous said...

ohhh, we love jim too:) happy birthday big guy!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

Happy birthday Jim! You two were a match made in heaven....

Kesterfam said...

Happy B-day Jim! That is a great pic....is that Luke??