Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn

When we travel I prefer to try and rent homes (check out greatrentals.com) instead of staying in hotels. Often times it is cheaper than a hotel, with way more room. We decided to go to Savannah last weekend and I found this place the day before we left. This is the picture of the cool little Inn we stayed at while we were in Savannah. It was built in 1833, we stayed on the top story, in 2 giant bedrooms, a bathroom and kitchen. It had a an old claw-foot tub, original wood floors, and these tall 12 ft cellings, we loved it! As I've been telling Jim for years I would love to someday run an old restored home as a bed and breakfast, now that I've been there, it just might have to be in Savannah...
Here's the link to where we stayed, check it out if you want.
http://www.whinn.com/suite2.htm

3 comments:

Jennifer B said...

I love bed & breakfasts. They are so much fun!! When we travel we generally camp or stay with family but I do love a good homemade breakfast. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

I didn't know you wanted to do that. I want to run a bed & breakfast too! That's it, we're going into business together when this military business is overwith!

Brooke said...

Are you moving to Savannah? Sounds like you're sold on the place!