Tuesday, September 9, 2008

La vida loca...

We have had a busy crazy time this last week or so and it is not over yet. Jim left a week ago friday to fish with his dad in Alaska for a little over a week. While he was gone, my grandmother passed away. It was a bittersweet time, she has been suffering from Alzhiemers for the past 6 years, and has been bed ridden for the past 2. It was a blessing, but still sad. The boys and I went to St. George and picked my parents up, and we all drove up to Provo. In the meantime, Jim made arrangements to fly to Salt Lake instead of Vegas and had DRAMA getting in. (I guess when you are in such a remote place you can't just jump on the first flight out) After literally just under 24 hours of traveling, he made it. We were able to attend the funeral and activities that go along with that yesterday. Last night we drove back to Vegas and rolled in just after 11pm. We were up and out the door this morning at 7:30 to do a presentation for our business at a real estate office. Jim got a call that he had to fly to Denver today and then Toronto tomorrow. So I did the presentation solo while he went home to pack. He picked me up, we went to our next presentation, and then I dropped him at the airport. While he's gone I have the task of handling the move in of our first caretakers tomorrow and Thursday. I also get to pack for our family for a month because on  Saturday we head to Atlanta (Jim has training there on a new jet his employer is buying for a full month, we're obviously going with him). I also have to get the house ready for our house sitter, you never know if people will get curious enough to look under the beds, and its been a while since I've vacuumed under there. And lastly we have 2 more major presentations Friday. So, It will be a while since I can post any pics. Life is a little busy and overwhelming right now, but dang it's fun. We feel so lucky to be where we're at in this stage of our vida loca! 

5 comments:

Brittany said...

WOW, you made me tired just reading about how busy you are. I feel your pain. I hope Atlanta's a little more relaxing for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad she's no longer in pain. Even though it's sad, it's always nice to be with family.

Kesterfam said...

Marci -- Thanks for all your hard work (and Jim too) in making this adventure succesful! I am posting this with our brand new high speed internet, so it should make things on our end easier!

Brendan

Jennifer B said...

Dang you are a little busy. Crazy!!! Good luck with everything!!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

You guys are doing awesome! I love your passion for success and your drive to get it done. We miss ya!

Brooke said...

I'm so so sorry about Grandma. The family will be in our prayers.