Monday, April 7, 2008

Vacuum Part II

Thanks for the advise everyone, here's what we choose. We shopped the Dyson (I wanted to get it because it rhymes with Tyson, and I like their commercials), the Kirby (not quite ready to drop over a grand), the old standby hoover, and the Oreck. We picked this one because, it works great, it's ONLY 9 LBS, we can take it in to the oreck stores for the yearly "tune-up" or if we need something fixed instead of having to send it in. Also I really like that all of the extra features like cheerio picker uppers, and upholstery cat hair suckeruppers, and blind dust cleaneruppers are on a separate canister vac. That way when I need to do jobs that don't involve actually using the vacuum part, I can tote around a small canister vac thing(it goes over your shoulder with a strap or you can just hold it) instead of the whole vacuum (plus I kind of get to look like a ghost buster while doing that-cool). It also helped that my grandparents had one for like 20+ years and my grandpa is going to get another one (the highest model that's like selfpropelled and stuff). Anyhow, thanks again for the advise to the blog posters and the emailers. Oh, and by the way we do endorse this already, we've cleaned up 2 puking incidents (ty was sick all of yesterday) and a spilt bag of cheerios. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's no Dyson, but if can handle what the kids dish out, then mission accomplished:)yeah!

Brooke said...

9 lbs... good call.

Also, I bet you are one cool looking Ghost Buster!