Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ode to a 2 year old

Tyson turned 2 on Friday April 4th, 2008. First let me say I can't believe I have a 2 year old. He has grown so much in the past 2 years and it is so exciting for us to watch him learn new things everyday (like today he said 2 new words: beans, as in green beans, and bus).  We sort of celebrated his birthday twice. Once with both sets of grandparents while we were camping in Zion's national park a few weeks ago, and then we went to a Chucky Cheese type place on his birthday. This picture is of Tyson after he climbed up the Skee Ball game. I think he was after the green Alien who was ticking us both off. It seems like since he turned 2, an alternate bi-polar little boy has taken over Tyson (I have my suspicions about that freaking green alien). He freaks out over the weirdest things like not being able to run around the house with eggs. Or, he walks up to Luke for no reason and just smacks him in the head. Hmmm. He does have some amazing, wonderful things as well. I love how fast he picks things up, I love how new and exciting everything is. It's so cool to me that he does his abc's and 123's and is now learning the sounds, P: pah pah pah. Nothing makes me smile like when he sings Jesus wants me for a SUN BEAM! Or when he throws his arms around my neck and says: "Nigh Nigh, luv you toooo" at 11am.  2 is definitely tough, but I'll take it because I know all too soon the "terrible 2's" will be a thing of the past. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I hope when Preston is two I'll have the same memories. I can't believe how fast they grow. I guess the have to though...right?:)

Happy Birthday Tyson!

Brooke said...

I love Tyson! Such fun:) I loved the egg story. I'm glad I got the full story over the phone:) What a doll!