Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Leg Hair

I'm not sure what it is, but looking back on the few post's that I have made, it's obvious that I've got some hang up with hair. That being said I think I have solved the mystery as to why females have leg hair. Now, with the exception of an 8th grade English teacher whose feet were so hairy I can only assume her legs were as well, most females have much less/thinner/lighter leg hair than their male counterparts. The idea that we have it for warmth, doesn't work for me. If so, why don't we have as much as guys do. Here is the answer: (it's not short so prepare yourselves) Have you ever been in the bath tub with your baby and freshly shaved legs? If the answer is yes, you'll understand that the combination is a very slippery and adventurous feat, and you most likely will not get any personal hygiene accomplished, due to the fact that it is virtually impossible to hold your baby with those freshly shaved legs.  (8th grade English teacher not liking my run-on sentence) Back in the day when people had to bathe in streams, rivers and lakes; you can just see a mother trying to keep her baby from floating away as well as wash her hair (on top of her head). The leg hair that she had (although thinner/lighter/less than her husbands) was just what she needed to have an extra "grip" on said baby and keep it from eminent water peril. I realize that the answer is not to stop shaving your legs (although how nice would that be?) the answer is to get a baby bath seat, and while at the pool some floaties or something. The alternative of not shaving may just cause a revolt of the husbands and ensure China's one child per couple rule. Hmmmmm....

1 comment: