Sunday, December 7, 2008

You wanna hear something funny...


A 12 year old boy from our church saw me buck freakin naked today. I'll pause for laughter....Yep it's true. I put the kids down for naps before church and Jim wasn't home from work yet. I started to get that "I think I ate something bad and I'm gonna puke" feeling, I did and needed to jump in the shower afterward. I get out of the shower and hear Tyson banging on his bedroom door saying MO-OMMY! So I head toward his room and realize the puking isn't over yet. I'm closer to his bathroom than my own and head there. It happens to be right past our glass-paned front door where I see a few boys standing. I proceed to hear an "ahhhhhh" come from one of them as I also say "ahhhhh" and barely make it to the toilet. They proceed to keep ringing the door bell, I proceed to keep barfing. Tyson opens his door somehow sees them I assume, but hears me and comes in to see what the noise is about. In between hurls I'm trying to tell them to hold on. After the puking subsides I'm looking for a towel that doesn't have a dinosaur or duck on it that might possibly be big enough to offer enough coverage for me to either walk by the front door again or answer it. I wasn't fast enough and heard them say as they left " She's in there, we just saw her baby, it's probably cause you saw her like...that." I was feeling a few things at that moment, a little embarrassed-yes. Sick-yes. And, a little sad. Why sad you ask? Because I remembered that my younger brothers friends used to find any excuse to come over to our house in the summer and catch me. Either tanning in the backyard, changing in my room, going from the shower to my room, what ever. And now times have changed and these boys were definitely not looking to "catch" a glimpse of an old married mom of two in the nude. I feel a little sad that instead of making their day like my little brothers friends used to say, I think I might of scarred these poor boys for life.
Side note: A similar experience happened with our old home teacher/now business partner as I was walking to get my bathrobe out of the dryer in the laundry room. I claims he never saw a thing. NOTE TO SELF AND OTHERS---Next house get solid doors or quit walking around in my birthday suit.

10 comments:

Christie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so great...not really but oh man! I'd get a new door now if I were you! :P

Elle said...

You are hilarious, and this post is hilarious

Kesterfam said...

Marci strikes again!! I didn't realize you made a hobby out of streaking....and here I was thinking that was an isolated incident! Too stinkin' funny!!! Thanks for the laugh! Did you find out who the boys were?....church boys gathering fast offerings?
(They did get a better show than the last time around...weren't you 9mo. pregnant that time?)

Brooke said...

Throw a towel on you nudist.

apron girls said...

seriously, i'm laughing so hard right now. yes, i'm really anti-glass front doors.

Anonymous said...

no freakin' way! you just made my day!:) lol

Sarah and Jesse said...

HAHAHA!!! Marci That is a good story I love it... I have one of those but mine was with the missionaries.. haha.. Nothing like some good old missionaires not knowing what to do..haha.. But I hope you are feeling better.. and I say there is no wrong with walking around in your birthday suite..hahah..:)

Cassie said...

For the first time in his life, Kenny is speechless (that says a lot for a Balser.) Way to go Marci!

pinkfrostycookies said...

Here's to making memories! Okay, I thought I had a few embarrassing moments this week. But not anymore. I'm impressed you were able to type up this experience. You are all around impressive! I'm sorry you were so yucky sick. I really feel worse for you about that part. I hope you are all better now.

Laurene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.