Sunday, October 5, 2008

Do you like bread crust?


I don't. I don't even like the name, "crust". I recently was telling someone that I came to the realization that I am 28 years old and I don't have to eat the crust if I don't want to. I think I was conditioned to eat the crust (my grandpa used to tell me it would make my hair curly) because you are just supposed to. I was just looking at some blogs and feeding Luke a sandwich. I was pulling the crust off of it and eating it for him, and thinking "I hate freaking dry crusty crust". Then I had a brief realization that I always eat the crust off my kids' sandwiches for them. Like I'm doing them some huge favor, and it makes me a good mom because I eat it for them. PSYCHO, I know. Maybe they like crust and just don't know it because they never have to eat it. Then I thought of my dear friend who HATES bananas and everything about them, so she just doesn't buy them (she's going to love reading this), when ever I see her kids I feel like its my duty to give them a banana. AND then I realized that I'm a WAY bigger wierdo than she is because I actually thought that I am being some sort of crust marter. SO, NO MORE CRUST for me! AND, I'm going to eat cookies in bed tonight because I'm technically a grown up and I CAN!

6 comments:

pinkfrostycookies said...

On occasion I eat cake for breakfast...because I'm the mom and I can.
I love reading your blog entries. I can totally hear your voice as I do and it really makes me miss visiting with you in person.

Elle said...

I was just calling Nick a really bad alternative to the word wimp, when he said he didn't want onions in anything. Then I asked him (in a baby voice) if he needed me to cut the crust off his bread for him.

Cassie said...

I think my answer to the question, "Why?" is always the same...."Because I'm the MOM, that's why!" Therefore, while I have to be a good mom and make the kids eat a good breakfast or vegetables or whatever, I'm quite content to have cookies and milk or ice cream or cake or something sweet whenever I want...cause I'm the MOM!!!!

pinkfrostycookies said...

It's "M" day. I just tagged you on my blog.

Kesterfam said...

Marci....You've got some strange friends...you're good to keep ones like that around. I bet your friend really appreciates you saving her kids from a world without bananas though!

Brooke said...

You're a weirdo because you don't like the crust. That's totally the best part. Well not the best part but it sure is yummy!