Saturday, February 16, 2008

VALENTINES DAY-CUPID IS STUPID?

Last year on Valentines Day, I boycotted (is that a word?). I told Jim we weren't doing anything, Valentines Day is silly, blah blah blah. One of my friends asked me about what we did for Valentines, I told her nothing and what I thought about it, she then gave me a new perspective. What we decided to do, is to observe Valentines Day, but with out the traditional flowers, candy, cards etc. Figure out our own traditions. We decided to rotate who's "in charge" of Valentines and our anniversary each year. This year, I got Valentines and Jim will have our anniversary. So for our family tradition I choose to dip strawberries in chocolate. Tyson just wanted to eat them, Luke was asleep, and Jim was flying (we'll try that again next year). As far as my turn went for "romancing" Jim, we were lucky that he was able to get home from flying at a decent time. Some of our friends volunteered to baby sit for us, so we went out. I took Jim to an awesome new Sushi Bar called the Sea Stone. We had the best Sushi either of us had ever had. We decided that although we aren't really fans of Valentines Day, it was really good for us to have an excuse to get dressed up and hit he town sans kids. So for me, in that respect, Cupid is not stupid.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Cupid is still stupid... but you guys are cool! I'm glad you had fun. Peter and I have an on-going tradition of frozen pizza and a movie at home on V-Day. It works just right for us:)