Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Power Rake?


Jim told me the other day that he needed to rent a "power rake". What's a power rake? It sounds like a move from Billy Blanks' Tae Bo. (Brooke don't you remember that one?) Anyhow, he said that it had been two and a half years since we laid sod and it was time to power rake, over-seed and heavy fertilize. After filling 10 bags with dead grass, he headed out this morning to get the seed and fertilizer. When all of that was finished I stepped outside and took a deep breath and gagged. It smelled just like sh-manure. In fact, it was sh-manure. That's what heavy fertilizer means I guess. Genuine cow sh-manure. Gross. I have to say that I'm so lucky to have a husband that's willing and able to work so hard to provide us with a beautiful yard.
*Below are pictures of the grass right after we laid it (I was 5 months prego with Ty when we laid that sod). Also is a picture of our patio that Jim made for me, brick by freaking brick as he says(734 of them). As well as a picture of the beautiful hibiscus he planted for me after I fell in love with those flowers in Costa Rica. What a guy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the spruced up blog--it looks all fancy:)

Yeah, that sh-manure stuff is sick! I'm glad I'm not the one doing the yard work. I'd rather be inside blogging!:-)

Brooke said...

Nice tunes chica! You rock!

Sh-manure.. awesome. I can't wait to have a yard. Actually, Peter's more excited than I am:)

I miss you guys:(

DelaneyVincent said...

Nice lawn, I didn't know you could grow grass in Vegas at least the kind you can mow...