Saturday, October 24, 2009

Buzz and Woody!




Tyson's school had a Halloween carnival Friday night. This is the 1st year that Tyson picked out a costume, he saw the 'Buzz' costume in Costco and wanted it. So, naturally I made Lukey a 'Woody' costume. I just took and old long sleeved onsie and drew in the red lines with marker, grabbed some fabric at Walmart and had my friend help me draw a vest. Then I just cut it out and hand stitched it (I don't use a sewing machine, come on). Borrowed the hat and holster, and pulled out Jim's cowboy boots from when he was little. I have to say that it actually turned out. Note to self, "if you need to re-use Woody shirt, do NOT use Washable marker, your child will for sure spill water on it and you will have to re-do it before halloween." The carnival was fun, we'll have to see how Trick or Treating goes next week...

5 comments:

Boren Family said...

Okay, your boy are adorable! I love the theme. Your woody outfit looked like you bought from a store. Awesome!

Boren Family said...

And what I was trying to say, was your BOYS are adorable :)

Cassie said...

Cute...Rylen has that same Buzz costume, but he's not sure if he wants to be Buzz or Spiderman or Superman or Batman or...you get the idea. He's got a whole drawer full of alter-identities to choose from!

Blaire Ostler said...

so flippin' cute!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

So cute, and I am so impressed with your homemaking skillz girl!